Date(s) - 01/10/2016
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Smart Casual/Traditional Outfit
AMARAVATI, Buddhist Monastery
St. Margarets Lane, Great Gaddesden
See you in
Cambodian Student Association in UK (CSA-UK) and Cambodian Society in the United Kingdom (CASUNIK) would like to invite our members and friends to join us on 01.10.2016 for Pchum Ben celebration (Ancestors Day). The event will take place at AMARAVATI, Buddhist Monastery. The nearest train station is Berkhamsted plus another 10 minutes taxi ride.
Please find below the timetable:
|10:00 am||Arrival of Cambodian community members and guests|
|10:30 am||Religious (Buddhist) Ceremony|
|11:30 am||Offering of Dana to the Bikkhus|
|12:00 am||Luncheon for guests and congregation|
|2:00 pm – 5:00 pm||Socialising and Sight-seeing|
Would participants kindly bring cooked food (some vegetarian dishes, Please) to cater for the bikkhus, guests and themselves.
1. For those who are travelling from London, we will depart from Euston train station at 8:30 am.
One day return train ticket from London to Berkhamsted is:
- £15.20 for adult
- £10.05 for 16-25 railcard holder*
- £7.60 for child (5-15 years old)
If you are intended to travel together, please kindly let us know by Thursday 29th October. Email email@example.com with the subject ‘London2Berkhamsted Trip’.
2. For those who are travelling to Berkhamsted from elsewhere, we will meet up at Berkhamsted train station at 9:30 am for a taxi ride to AMARAVATI.
* If you are between 16-25 years old or in higher education, you can apply for 16-25 railcard, which give you 1/3 off your rail fares. Visit: http://www.16-25railcard.co.uk/ to find out more.